Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I've forgotten what it's like....

....to be drunk. If you would have ever told me that was possible, I would have thought you were crazy. In college I loved to drink. Tuesday-Saturday it was on like Donkey Kong. I'll be turning the big 3-0 in a week and a half and I just can't believe how much my life has changed in the past decade. I mean really, ME, not getting sauced for this long? This has got to stop, haaaa :)

All kidding aside, I had a hell of a reason....I was terrified of something like this happening to my sweet little fetus (poor little girl):
Photobucket

I have to admit I did take a sip of Guiness after I delivered my son on St. Patty's Day! I've been breastfeeding now for almost 7.5 months and love it. I do go by the rule "if you're sober enough to drive, you're sober enough to breastfeed!" I just love me a glass of wine or a frosty Leinies!

The problem is that while drinking is fine, it's the aftermath that I don't want to deal with. My body doesn't recover as fast and I have a baby who still nurses at night. If I get hammered, I have to dump precious milk that I work so hard to keep, and can't be a good mom on the weekend when it's my only real quality time I get. It's amazing how selfless you become once you're a mom.

Halloween is coming up and my alma mater had one of THE biggest and craziest bashes in the entire country. This is just a taste of it:
Photobucket

Now, I'm excited to dress my son up as "Tigger" and go trick-or-treating at 4pm. Talk about a life change. Do I miss the craziness of the bars and parties? Not terribly? Am I extremely overdue for multiple libations to ring in my 30s? Definitely.

2 comments:

  1. I am going to have nightmares about that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, recovery time is getting worse and worse.

    ReplyDelete